[Talk-in] Bangalore Maps

निशांत / Nishant nishantsharma.in at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 10:13:21 GMT 2010

Hi,

I was in Bangalore last week and had loaded the OSM's image in my
Garmin eTrex Vista.

I must say that the maps for Bangalore are really good. I was able to
route from Airport to HSR layout - a distance of around 74 kms and
incidentally the bus followed the same route. Then from HSR layout to
Mekhri Circle. While returning back from Cubbon Road to HSR layout, it
was quite late in the night and I relied on the device to provide the
shortest route. Autowallah kept asking tricky questions - if I want to
go through Domlur or Koramangala or Ring Road - and I told him the way
as shown on the map. Final bill for auto came out to be Rs. 120, which
is reasonable as I was told by my friend.

Kudos to the Bangalore mappers.

I have anyway, put up the Garmin image for whole India at
http://unmukti.in/corp/osmgarmindownloads
As it uses the extract from cloudemade, it is updated as and when new
extract is available.

regards,
Nishant
--
How about some patent on "(a+b)2 = a2+2ab+b2". Choose free software!
http://www.nishants.net