[Talk-in] national parks

PlaneMad thePlaneMad at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 13:06:39 BST 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org>wrote:

> hi,
>
> I was surfing the map this morning and find a lot of hill areas and
> national
> parks and reserves have been mapped by planemad - looks good. But how was
> it
> done? there is no useable yahoo satellite coverage for most of these areas?

I did it using landsat imagery, forest areas shows up with a different shade
of pink/green and can be distinguished from regions that had human
occupation, which are darker or patchy. I've mapped out all such regions in
Tamil Nadu and those in the Mumbai-Pune area. The national park boundaries
are approximate and i used the coordinates that were available on wikipedia
articles for that.

--
http://j.mp/ArunGanesh