[Talk-in] Indian admin boundary data

Arun Ganesh arun.planemad at gmail.com
Sat May 8 18:09:45 BST 2010

I have made a couple of changes on the district data that was imported by
Harshad a few months back.
1) The district had a area=yes tag due to which it did not render, ive
deleted the tag
2) the admin_level was set to 4, which was supposed to be for the state
level borders as per the proposal in the wiki
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dadministrative . This was
also causing the districts to render at low zoom cluttering the map (which
can be seen in Tamil Nadu). I have corrected it to 5.

Hopefuly now all the districts should start showing up, only when zoomed in.

Also check out
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:India_OSM_district_boundaries.jpg
It shows the location of missing districts. A bunch of them had import
errors as they were multipolygons, but we have another case in HP and UT
where conversion of the boundaries to multipolygons has destroyed the
uniformity of the district dataset.

Anyone have any ideas on how we can go forward to get 100% coverage of
Indian districts and also create state boundaries?

--
http://j.mp/ArunGanesh