[Talk-in] A-GPS as GPS

Kiran Jonnalagadda jace at pobox.com
Sat May 29 12:57:55 BST 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 12:20 PM, H.S.Rai <hs at raiandrai.com> wrote:

> For mapping mobiles with GPS are seems to be good resource. My question is:
>
> It seems that Android will rule and Linux bases mobiles may not become
> a reality.
>
> Can A-GPS be used as GPS?

I have an Android phone. I do not pay anything for GPS service. It is free,
gets a fix within 15-20 seconds, and typically gives me 4 metre accuracy in
the city.

My old Garmin eTrex Legend takes at least 2 minutes to get a fix, 5 or more
if in a new location, and gives me 8-20 metre accuracy.

The Android phone is so good as a GPS that I bought an extended battery to
go with it.