[Talk-in] "Hack the Map" An Idea for Online Mapping Events.

Parveen Arora mail at parveenarora.in
Wed Jun 15 09:53:56 BST 2011

Hello Everyone,
I am organising event to do online mapping, to increase the enrichment
of OSM maps, also we have set up a lab to train the students and to
make them able to work on OSM on that day.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Hack_the_Map

So My point is that, just like mapping parties include both field work
and computer work.
"Hack the Map" is the idea to do only computer work, in which
organisers will also set up a lap to do all the mapping at one place
and also to teach others about how to do that and to aware people,
and people interested all over the world can also join them to make
the maps. In this context people joining online can do mapping the
area of slot allotted to them or of there own area, and the people
joining them around the world will be appreciated and there name will
be also included in the page of the event.
This is just and Idea and motive is the Enrichment of OSM Maps.

Please give your valuable suggestions to make it better, also add the
points that you wants to take care about during this kind of online
event event.
Thank You.

--
Parveen Arora