[Talk-in] Election Boundaries for India?

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 03:42:04 GMT 2012

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 10:00 PM, Pradeep Mohandas
<pradeep.mohandas at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> Are election boundaries of India available as open data? Is it available
> from data.gov.in?

A quick look at the site tells me that this data is not available. I
don't know if there are any other websites where it would be
available. Even if it is I highly doubt there is any open license
associated with it.

> Since the General Elections are up and coming in 2014, perhaps this might be
> a good exercise to undertake in 2013 for the OSM community?

Why? There is lot of street data still missing. I think we should
focus on that first.

How (and to whom) is adding election boundaries going to help? And
what tagging do you suggest to be used for it?

Cheers,
Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.