[Talk-in] Use of official names for cities

Arun Ganesh arun.planemad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 14:06:27 GMT 2012

I always look to wikipedia for reference as there are always more people
debating these things over there and reaching a consensus. Correct me if im
wrong, but i do think Shivamoga, Hubbali etc are the official names now.
Just like Bengaluru and Mysuru.

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 7:05 PM, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <
ichattopadhyaya at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> It seems there are following inconsistencies:
>
> Official name, Name on the map
> Shimoga, Shivamoga
> Dharwad, Dharwada
> Hubli, Hubballi
>
> I think this is downright confusing for people who aren't aware of these
> alternate names. Shall we not try to stick to the official names (as per
> Govt. records) for these and plenty of other cities like these?
> Regards,
> Ishan

j.mp/ArunGanesh