[Talk-in] Classifying places - cities, towns and villages

Arun Ganesh arun.planemad at gmail.com
Sun May 6 08:50:23 BST 2012

Bringing this up after user:docaneesh sent me a message regarding
Hubli-Dharwad being one city node rather than separate ones. I put together
a short page on the wiki on the process I followed.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/India:Places

Back to the question of municipal corporations like Hubli-Dharwad,
Pimpri-Chinchwad, Vasai-Virar and a few more. Should they be one node or
separate city nodes? Hubli and Dharwad are 20km apart with a combined
population of 0.9 million, but each of them is just as big as a big town.

--
j.mp/ArunGanesh <http://j.mp/ArunGanesh>