[Talk-in] parliamentry, assembly seat boundaries

Arun Ganesh arun.planemad at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 06:34:31 UTC 2013

I did some research into the different jurisdictions, and I think I have a
fair Idea now of how our Government is structured :)

I'll start a page on the osm wiki so we can build on this:

   1.

   Electoral
    1.

      State [State Secretariat – Chief Minister]
      2.

      Lok Sabha Constiuency [Lok Sabha - MP]
      3.

      Vidhan Sabha Constituency [State Secretariat - MLA]
      4.

      District Panchayat (Zilla Panchayat)
      5.

      Block Panchayat (Panchayat Samiti) [Block Development Officer]
      6.

      Gram Panchayat [Sarpanch]
       2.

   Revenue
    1.

      District [Headquarter - Collector]
      2.

      Subdistrict [Headquarter - Tahsildar]
      3.

      Revenue Block [Revenue Inspector]
      4.

      Village Block
       3.

   Civic
    1.

      Municipal Corporation / Municpality / Town or Village Panchayat [Town
      Hall - Mayor]
      2.

      Zone [Zone office]
      3.