[Talk-in] Mapping Party in DSCE, Bangalore

Yogi yogesh at kalike.org
Mon Aug 4 17:40:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Wednesday 30 July 2014 12:54 AM, Vignesh Prabhu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 23 July 2014 12:35 PM, Yogi wrote:
>> As part of Free Software Movement Karnataka(fsmk)'s summer camp for
>> students[1], we are organizing a mapping party on this Saturday, 26th June
> Thanks Yogesh in leading this effort.  The Mapping party was attended by
> 30 people and we divided ourselves into 7 groups of 4-5 each. We spent
> around one hour from 7:30 am to 8:30 am mapping different areas around
> the venue.
> I have uploaded and edited the mapping that I had done here,[1][2]. I
> will also share the mapping done by others as soon as they also finish
> uploading and editing the same. Overall it was a very good experience
> and OSM Tracker made it really easy to do the tracking. Please do go
> through the changeset and suggest how we can improve the mapping and if
> there are any best practices that we should have followed.
>
> [1] - http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/24428384
> [2] - http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/24427666

Nice work Vignesh.:) Looks like few of them have gone back and started
editing --

http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/newestosmcountry.php?c=India

Hope they will continue to contribute. I've uploaded my slides of the
talk here --

https://yogiks.github.io/fsmk-osm/

Feedbacks/Suggestions welcome. This would help me in next talks.

I thank few of the members in this list here who had helped in learning
about openstreetmap.:)

thanks,
yogi