[Talk-in] SoI / DST complain against Google.

Arun Ganesh arun.planemad at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 12:36:26 UTC 2014

It is also interesting to see what the United Nations does to India on
their world map [1]

[1] http://www.un.org/Depts/Cartographic/map/profile/world.pdf

J&K is shown as a breakaway portion of India and Pakistan. Arunachal
Pradesh is shown as a separate country all together.

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 2:34 PM, H. S. Sudhira <hs.sudhira at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am sure most of you are aware and keeping track of this. Survey of
> India / DST takes a step on digital maps representing the country's
> boundary, files a complaint against Google! It will be interesting to keep
> a tab on this. More troubles to Google, as this comes after the Mapathon
> event!
>
> Here is the official word on this from their Facebook post
> <https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=894090357277177&id=277739112245641&fref=nf>
> :
> It is observed that M/s Google Map is wrongly depicting external
> boundaries of India on maps hosted by them on different domains, namely
> http://www.google.cn/maps/@25.7377892,88.726647,4z and
> https://www.google.com/maps/@25.1367452,80.1073483,4z , which are not
> equivalent to Government of India authentication.
> The correct official boundaries of India has been shown at
> http://www.surveyofindia.gov.in/fil…/Correct_India_Map_1.pdf
> <http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.surveyofindia.gov.in%2Ffiles%2FCorrect_India_Map_1.pdf&h=WAQGS5vQh&enc=AZNiarC7YaARtZIxN5apmQDyhCrncT0hQ421xHVoYOMJyElRbJHsUeVdEovbwRg31QZYnJ6Nlxdp-UCqmSLCX3ld8SB53waywyaF2gItaG0TdekJc3MYlcWOAa79FSP9FFg_KjEMmyIev-1WTmU3DOW9nPxYwx-2JM6D7QOUkFDVxw>
>
> In this regard, on the instructions of Department of Science & Technology,
> Survey of India has officially filled a FIR with SHO, PS Dalanwala,
> Dehradun on 12-12-2014 at 18:00 hrs requesting them to take appropriate
> legal action against M/s Google Maps for displaying incorrect map of India.

 Arun Ganesh
(planemad) <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Planemad>
 <http://j.mp/ArunGanesh>