[Talk-in] Quality of satellite imagery

Prasanth Rajan rajanpras at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 15:36:26 UTC 2014

Hello.

Is there a time-bound update of satellite imagery of India; some of the
areas are cloud covered as well. Does OSM run a due-diligence before
publishing the new images and does OSM also ensure map alignment between
old and new imageries when the publishing happens? I suppose these are
rather basic questions regarding OSM in India...

The reason I am prompted to ask the aforementioned is the difference in the
quality (even in brightness) of imagery in OSM and G-Maps.

Thanks and regards.
Prasanth