[Talk-in] Indian OSM server

Sajjad Anwar me at sajjad.in
Tue Jan 27 09:48:13 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

Just to piggyback on what Sanjay posted and from my experience having setup
and managed few clones of OpenStreetMap infrastructure - are we clear on
why we are doing this?

I think we are mixing two different approaches here -
1. An OSM tile server specific to India data.
2. An OSM installation for editing India data.

These are entirely different and solves different problems. The amount of
work involved in setting up and managing is not trivial, so we want to be
very clear about this.

A tile server is fine and from what I recall, Johnson already setup one. We
need to make sure that the replication with the OSM master database is
setup correctly, with an optimum interval, to make sure we don't miss out
on updates.

Also, I recommend setting up this on a different server and not share
resources with other apps/projects.

Cheers,
Sajjad.

Sajjad Anwar http://geohacker.in <http://sajjad.in/>