[Talk-in] Regionwise offline maps in OsmAnd

Yogesh योगि yogesh at karnatakaeducation.org.in
Thu Jun 18 09:26:54 UTC 2015

Great! Looks like the splits are somehow useful. :)

Language labels can be easily switched using the Menu options inside the
app. In the latest version of OsmAnd, select your map language in
options Configure map -> Map language.[1] In older versions(>2.0), this
is under General settings -> Localization -> Map preferred language.[2]
Changing map language is the built in feature. Since the OsmAnd uses
offline vector maps, changes like this are rendered on the fly[3].

The current OsmAnd version has only Hindi enabled in the list and
hopefully upcoming releases may include other indic languages like
Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, etc.,.[4] I'll also be adding Kannada to the
list. But right now, except Kannada and Marathi, objects in OSM data
with other Indic langauges are very less and we need to improve this to
make them show up on map.[5]

[1]http://i.imgur.com/wSW2uHK.png
[2]http://i.imgur.com/uDyn34J.jpg
[3]http://i.imgur.com/D1EWdlH.gif