[Talk-in] classification for rural roads

Sunil K iamsunilk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 04:12:18 UTC 2015

One peculiar problem I faced while mapping in kerala is the villages are
spread out, there are usually no village centers. Also many cases there
is no hard boundary to separate two panchayths or  even districts. Yes,
there are hard boundaries for administrative purpose, but for most
practical purpose there is only a blured line . So when I map in places
not in my neighbourhood, it was always a problem. only think clear to me
whether the road is wide enough to accomodate two vehicles or not.  In
such scenarios mapping tertiary based on connective village centers may
not be feasible.

Other think is many roads have a  lot of curves, steep inclines, though
wide enough  average speed we can take in this roads are limited. Though
they are good for small distances, best be avoided while  travelling
long distances.

Regards
Sunil