[Talk-in] Taginfo for India OSM

Yogesh योगि yogesh at karnatakaeducation.org.in
Fri May 22 07:31:54 UTC 2015

Hey everyone,

Now that we have openstreetmap.in and tasking manager instance for OSM
India, we can slowly start setting up other things around OSM. On this
front, I have been testing and running updates for a week now on OSM
India taginfo test instance set up at -
http://rmsa.karnatakaeducation.org.in/. This taginfo instance is based
on the Geofabrik extract
<http://download.geofabrik.de/asia/india-latest.osm.pbf> which is
updated daily. Please have a look at it and if all is fine, I can set it
up at - taginfo.openstreetmap.in

Taginfo helps in finding and aggregating information about OSM tags and
setting it up for India will help us to know stats of some of the
interesting keys/tags like postal_code
<http://rmsa.karnatakaeducation.org.in/keys/postal_code#values>, and
also some interesting reports
<http://rmsa.karnatakaeducation.org.in/reports> of OSM India tag data.