[Talk-in] Fwd: Roads in India: How complete is OpenStreetMap ?

Naveen Francis naveenpf at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 06:53:26 UTC 2015

Hi Yogesh,

NH is about 1,00,087 Kms ; may be we have mapped 90-95%
SH is less than 2,00,000 Kms, we would have mapped 60-70%.

Total road length is about 10,00,000 kms.

States which have decently mapped NH and SH can move next level.
Major District Road or Urban Roads [owned by Corporations or
Municipalities]

For example in Kerala we have decently mapped NH and SH.
Once SH mapping is reached 90% we have to move to MDR.
Because more data on MDR is available than urban roads.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Major_District_Road_(Kerala)

Thanks,
naveenpf