[Talk-in] Indian districts tagging

Arun Ganesh arun.planemad at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 12:25:30 UTC 2016

> Right, admin_level=6 seems better for districts than 5. But how do we take
> care of districts that are already tagged with 5? As most of the districts
> have already been tagged 5 -
> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.in/keys/admin_level#values, should we mass
> replace them with 6 if the consensus is in favor of this here?

We would need to check all boundaries after level 5 to see what need to be
shifted.

I'm taking a look again at the levels to see if it makes sense. I wrote
most of that draft proposal, and I was still confused if I got them right
after the district level.

>> And also values like A & A1 are used in combination with railway=station
>> tag - http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/eWQ. Don't know what do these values
>> indicate in an administration boundary and relate to railway stations.

That would be my work adding the commercial station classification
according to the IR http://www.irfca.org/faq/faq-station.html#class

This should be moved to another tag. `ir:station_class`?
<http://j.mp/ArunGanesh>