[Talk-in] Update India's admin boundary

Rajavelu.M Mookkaia.A rajavelu1989 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 08:06:38 UTC 2016

Hi,
I followed the following steps:
http://xsce.org/wiki/generating_map_tiles#disputed_borders

I got corrected shape file for india, and tiles generated with this new
shape file and got boundaries from carto_boundary table. Can I get
boundaries from carto table without india country? or Can we get shape file
for whole planet with correceted india boundary ?

Note: I feel its not good to update corrected boundary data in carto table
for india boundary?  If you think this will be good solution, how to do? I
geojson & shape files for india, in carto table we have geometry data for
all countries. So I need to convert geojson to geometry in postgis ?