[Talk-in] Automating OSM translation into Indic languages

Srikanth Lakshmanan srik.lak at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 07:59:13 UTC 2016

On 7 April 2015 at 11:32, Sajjad Anwar <me at sajjad.in> wrote:

> Aruna, we can use the Wikidata to get a first pass of the translation and
> then present the spreadsheet view for someone to eyeball and add missing?

I got a spreadsheet view[0] to this using the OverpassToGoogleSheets
appscript[1] (which I plan to make a complete add-on) to give spreadsheet
view. Once the ability to generate spreadsheet or any language / area
combination is complete, use the sheet to build a HTML microtask UI where
user can translate (with a small map view to give context). Eventually, we
could build something envisioned at Map Translation Interface[3].

[0]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1imONog35BeDTEuwRPgrRRDAF7pvbSHs1Ryv-18yfOaQ/edit#gid=201371839
[1]
https://github.com/srikanthlogic/tangrams-indic/blob/gh-pages/Translator-Tools/appscript/OverpassToGoogleSheets.gs