[Talk-in] Publisher of maps in Indian Language

I Chengappa imchengappa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 21:40:46 UTC 2016

I use my own software, first to transliterate Kannada to Latin letters, and
another for dictionary translation from Latin script to Kannada. The latter
one loads files saved from josm, and shows a list of nodes, ways et.c. with
their names and other info. So translations can be added there, then it
gets reloaded into josm and uploaded.  I wrote it for myself, sometimes
poorly, and it works differently on my two different pcs, in other words
it's currently a mess, only suitable for my own use. There is also a bit of
proprietary stuff I can't distribute.  I've been meaning to try and clean
it up and put it out there, but revising software is less rewarding than
doing something with it. I will try to put some time to doing it.

If anyone is happy working with python3 and qt and is willing to work on
it, that would be great.