[Talk-in] Identifying usage of railway tracks

Srihari Thalla thallasrihari at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 14:12:51 UTC 2017

As of this writing, there are 10052 Ways with railway=rail but without any
usage=* / service=* tags[1].

I have created a MapRoulette Challenge[2] with these Ways. I hope this
Challenge would get IRFCA fans interested[3]. (Who knows about railways
better than them? ;))

But, I have not filled in the instructions on how to complete the
Challenge. I don't think many IRFCA people know how to contribute to OSM,
so I believe a detailed instruction manual would be necessary (like this
[4]).

Can someone help me with preparing it?

[1] - http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/o9o
[2] - http://maproulette.org/map/2465