[Talk-in] help :) is it possible to map temporal human density

firebird lrmodes at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 08:12:46 UTC 2017

hey folks,

	i would like to know, whether it is possible to map the human
occurence (spatial) - not tracking individually through satellite, but
desired to map spatial the overall population "density" during seasonal
events like festivals, for knowing inflow and outflow in tourism
important places and especially me interested in mapping details during
massive demonstrations driven by civilans....

	while learning and working in transit mapping for local
transport system, i am also very much interested in mapping the above
situaion. I believe that GIS could offer to such social phenomenons
too!, as awesome contributors have done constructive stuff for
calamity/disaster situations.

	i am doubtful, whether remote sensing could help for it.. or
else collecting gps coordinates contributed by the people... for
instance during a demonstration would help map ???

please do reply.... your ideas, suggestions, criticisms....

irc seems to be blocked by my isp... and so could not ask for help in
OSM channels......

:)

regards
ganesh... a.k.a geoneo ... a.k.a vu3ygg