[Talk-in] Join OpenStreetMap Slack Channel

lrmodes lrmodes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 19:29:31 UTC 2017

Hey folks,i welcome the triumph of having a chat platform to discuss
more and diversely for better OSM contribution,..
but, if we keep on jumping to new and newer chat platforms without even
considering their built architectures - just for the sake of
convenience, is detrimental in long term. Moreover existing IRC
channels, learners & contributors over there,and other self-
hostable/free software platforms like RIOT - which supports federation
in IM - will have hard timewhen moving to newer platforms.
definetely is a bad choice. I dont know about matter most, but it does
not even have a self hosting option afaik. Why is there this motive to
move to slack in particular ? I believe most of the OSM learners and
contributors are well awareabout the open systems and philosophy behind
it.
we are already kind of over populated in all known platforms(mailing
list, irc, riot, ...) - based on our convenience and principles. Open
Federation might be the neutral way to go.
cheers,ganesh