[Talk-in] Adding wikidata tag for Rivers and National parks in India.

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 10:40:37 UTC 2017

On 18-Sep-17 06:39 PM, Naveen Francis wrote:
> I am trying to add wikidata tags for rivers and national parks.
> Noticed few are mapped as relation(group of lines) and others mapped
> as shape.
> Is there any standard we follow ?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Naveenpf/sandbox#Rivers_in_India
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Naveenpf/sandbox#National_park_in_India

If the area/way can be mapped as an OSM simple single way then do that.

When the area shares ways (boundaries or sections of ways) with other
objects then those shared ways become members of the OSM relation that
forms the area.
This sharing reduces the quantity of OSM data and makes any edition of
the shared boundary effect both (or in some cases more than 2, I have
come across one with 5) areas.