[Talk-in] [BLR] Indiranagar tree mapping party on July 1

Arun Ganesh arun.planemad at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 07:20:38 UTC 2018

The very active resident welfare associations in Indiranagar are planning
to do a tree audit very soon. Its a good time to help evolve some tools and
strategies for local volunteers to use OSM as an inventory for local trees.

We have had some success with mapping trees on OSM in the area and have
added over 2,000 trees but maintaining this data and checking for accuracy
is pretty hard since there is no other metadata associated with each tree.

This Sunday morning July 1, those interested can meet to discuss this
problem and also do some field trials of some new mapping techniques for
trees with a mobile app or fieldpapers.

Time: 8-11AM July 1
Place: Indiranagar water tank park - 10th main/1st cross
https://osm.org/go/yy4fMqot4--?m=

Feel free to share with interested persons and RSVP off list so I get a
rough sense of how many will join.