[Talk-in] community interest in admin boundaries

Lee Berryman lee at pathwaysdata.com
Tue Apr 9 06:09:25 UTC 2019

I am writing the Indian OSM community as a second step to following the
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines guidlines documented
here.  I wanted to gauge the interest in contributing 2019, and 2011
vintage data for boundaries in India.  This could include panchayat, block,
tehsil, district, and state levels as they are currently in 2019.  Village
/ town layer could be contributed for 2011 vintage but relate to all of the
above.  Also wondering if there is any interest in contributions of
historical boudaries that would match demographic data from past censuses.
This could include 1881, 1901, 1931, 1961, 1981, 1991, 2001.  Thanks for
any feedback and guidance as I am new to contributing to OSM, but thankful
for all the work the community has done over the years and look forward to
what we can make of it in the future.  Thanks!