[Talk-in] Removing "WikiProject" prefix

dcapillae dcapillae at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 13:40:51 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am Daniel, from Spain. I would like to change the name of the wiki
pages related to the India mapping project to remove the "Wikiproject"
prefix according to the pages name conventions [1].

The name of the pages related to the India mapping project would be
"India" (name of place) instead of "Wikiproject India", as recommended
by the wiki conventions. It is a change that I have already made in
United States [2], Canada [3], Spain [4], Australia [5], New Zealand
[6], South Africa [7], and all Spanish-speaking countries [8] on the
Wiki. The pages of Israel, Denmark, Norway, United Kingdom, Italy,
Germany and Philippines have also been renamed.

I could make the necessary changes. All pages with "WikiProject" prefix
will be redirected automatically. There will be no broken links in any
case. I'll make sure everything works correctly, just like now.

Do you like the idea? I have posted this message on the wiki in case you
prefer to comment there [9].

Thank you for you attention! Greetings from Spain.

Regards,
Daniel

[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wiki_organisation#Pages_naming_convention