[Talk-in] OSM India partnership with upcoming YourStory.in conference

Arun Ganesh arun.planemad at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 10:53:03 UTC 2019

Hey all, i've got an interesting request for OSM India to be a
community/outreach partner for an upcoming conference from yourstory.in
called Future of work on 9th Feb in Bengaluru.

According to the event site https://events.yourstory.com/future-of-work-2019
it looks like a product innovation/entrepreneurship type summit with a very
large reach in the Indian startup industry.

Excerpt from the email:

> *Deliverables from YourStory*-YourStory to provide an exclusive flat 60%
> discount for all OpenStreetMap members
> -Branding as outreach partner on the Future of Work website
> -Branding as outreach partners at Future of Work venue for two days
> -Social media shoutout as outreach partners on YourStory Facebook and
> Twitter handles
> -5 free passes for the team
> -10 additional free passes - based on relevance, to be filtered by
> YourStory team
> *Deliverables from **OpenStreetMap*
>  -Send out a minimum of 2 mailers to the internal database about Future
> of Work with the special promo code customised for you
> -A minimum of 2 social media posts on Twitter and Facebook each
> -Promotion of Future of Work promo code among members & Community
> -Promotion of Future of Work promo code among groups

Overall, it sounds like there will be much visibility for OSM in the
startup circles by partnering. YourStory is a reputed media platform with
significant network reach in India. The main ask from the community is to
post 2 promotional posts on twitter and facebook each.

In return we get 5 free passes (worth INR 4k each) and OSM India logo in
the event branding.

Since we dont have a formal association to decide on such matters, sharing
to see if others feels this could be a valuable partnership to pursue and
any opinions on why we this may not be a good idea.

Full email:

Hi Arun,