[Talk-in] Open Government Data- India Health Facilities Import

Aruna Valli arunavalli.parimi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 11:31:35 UTC 2019

Hello OSM Community,

I, Aruna, on behalf of RMSI would like to propose an import of Health
facilities of India. The source data is provided by the Open Government
Data (OGD) which is globally available to everyone - India Data Sources
which is under a compatible license for Import.
This import will improve the accessibility of the health care information
in OSM- India. We have communicated about the dataset in multiple platforms
- GitHub, OSM Forum, Telegram etc...

The data sources (OGD) provides the health related information of India in
three different directories and has good coverage of the facilities
information all over the India https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/
File:India_Health_Facility.jpg
<https://lm.workplace.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwiki.openstreetmap.org%2Fwiki%2FFile%3AIndia_Health_Facility.jpg&h=AT36YBWmyixGfo_1fzszQ4QKHE9fjjsLcsWcu0dl3w7HDTFNNNW--U0k8onK6xq2BM2nNV1lcZY-T5lJoKJ0FM65rHB6pl6wP3oyChkuAYtmXED_eYqYXI2zIE35EuZWjcLnaETO61rYgo2eyY5Nmb_5zZvzNnf8>
.
• Hospital Directory: Includes private hospitals, clinics, Government
hospitals, nursing homes etc...
• NIN health facilities: Includes health centers- PHCs, CHCs, sub centers,
dispensaries, area hospitals, PPUs etc...
• Blood banks : Includes blood bank units in hospitals, blood banks.

To analyze the data quality we have selected our AOI as Hyderabad and other
sub regions of Telangana based on our local knowledge by using the
Maproulette challenges. In addition to local regions we have also created
MR Challenges to the community for the other regions - Bihar & Bangalore to
improve their own localities based on the local knowledge.

While analyzing the data of NIN health facility directory for PHC’s, CHC’s,
UPHC’s etc…we observed that it has a huge set of unique information of “sub
centers” which is covering all over the India.
As these dataset has good coverage even in the remote areas as well, it
will be of greater help in the time of need. So we are planning to import
these facilities with small batches in each submission, based on the city
or block size.

This proposal has been cross-posted in
• GitHub -> https://github.com/osm-in/mapping/issues/2
<https://lm.workplace.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fosm-in%2Fmapping%2Fissues%2F2&h=AT0KQjASu36mm5pEF2jlJOz9WTZAeZNWWtAgX5F0kR54dI_kOXie1Ol4g6zuMiMDnl0M_dkUiJZVl8WcjBxvG3uVrk2Y4QQ7Ig8GzI6P2d71nKyPkqPcIM8fzl_Nw2cXQ8c4Op9tees2kVTp57CT9SR4xv3_XVrK>,
https://github.com/RMSI-OSM/India-Health-Facilities
<https://lm.workplace.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FRMSI-OSM%2FIndia-Health-Facilities&h=AT0E7BOrmJTQC34Hts9NKlnThlvdsl0JHydH_F2UuQf3YtsJXgR5lscGsImhF0B0j5TwKgnnfotACAyPTyZqO4GjHPF3D3NfbBQthNXMoHxqlquadDzkk1cC5ELYPeCZhn6UzKu1C8dc5rtgUxUbJpqLH9PD9R5h>
• Forum> https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=66300
<https://lm.workplace.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fforum.openstreetmap.org%2Fviewtopic.php%3Fid%3D66300&h=AT1rTI2vsNT0kkP6XvpVe6jiY809gzEK3yiS724Ww4ahPbwrhkqZrNv9v5pA1MVfHQeQuoUTUTmgHUXEPtK92lVP3XmyxgBfv8GRWFjx1-gedu5BDnMgvihiCNOnTlIWy7ZMMhwrjSJu4yHj3ogarazsykytUEA_>
)
• Telegram & Twitter.

Please visit our import guidelines wiki document for more details: https://
wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/India_Health_Facilities_Import
<https://lm.workplace.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwiki.openstreetmap.org%2Fwiki%2FIndia_Health_Facilities_Import&h=AT39XfNDE-w1GgHo4fDwyi1BqYUrg2fWlnj4huy0QuXp93UcPlnoUWknmMNVIUD9CCSHP4SutCb4wpibA8KU2G0CfmAYs-n6XMGMpzwBO1iogQz7EcdQyIL4LKfHDY9FHuP9YEufr66Qu3Ues-k9YN4VfhaQsEBr>

In this regard we are eagerly looking forward to working with the OSM
Indian community to make OSM- India coverage better with high quality
mapping.

Many Thanks
Aruna Valli Parimi
Assistant General Manager (GIS)
RMSI Pvt. Ltd
Ascendas IT Park- Vega Building, 11th Floor
Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 50008
Email: osm at rmsi.com
Phone: +91 40 44347100 Extn: 2006.