[Talk-in] Districts of India according to Census 2001/2011

Ashim Kapoor ashimkapoor at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 07:02:35 UTC 2021

Dear Naveen,

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 7:50 AM Naveen Francis <naveenpf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Ashim,
>
> OSM keeps the latest district maps.
> 2001/2011 maps are available @ https://github.com/datameet/maps/tree/master/Districts

Can I not use this to extract old data from OSM using diff:-

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API/Overpass_QL#Difference_between_two_dates_.28diff.29

Suppose for the sake of a thought experiment that the 2011 Census maps
were updated in OSM on January 2011. Can I not :-

1. Get the map of Districts of Uttar Pradesh ( for instance) for 2001.
2. Get the diff of the map of districts of UP for the dates Jan 2011
vs Dec 2010.

Then see how the Districts of UP have changed from 2001 vs 2011. What
do you think about this ?

Query  :  In which month were the Census 2021 maps of Districts of
India updated? How can I find this out ?