[Talk-is] Eskifjörður gpx tracks

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 02:29:15 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 1:14 AM, Arnar Birgisson <arnarbi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> (is this an English language list?)

We flow pretty freely between Icelandic and English depending, but we
have a few active mappers that don't speak Icelandic too well.

> I drove every street in my childhood town yesterday. Should I upload
> each street as a separate gpx file? I tried putting them together (as
> separate tracks) in one file, but openstreetmap seems to tie them all
> together (i.e. creates direct lines between endpoints of track N to
> starting point of track N+1). Each track and each join seems to become
> a segment though.

It's fine to upload the entire track as-is as one file, you don't have
to split it up by street. In fact it's good in some cases to be able
to see how the transition between different streets was made.

Just try uploading it, I don't see any traces from you yet at:
http://openstreetmap.org/user/Arnar%20Birgisson/traces so I couldn't
look at any problem you may have had with the trace.