[Talk-is] Iceland on the OSM wiki

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 14:15:44 GMT 2009

I've updated the Iceland page on the OSM wiki somewhat:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Iceland

And I've created a map features page for Iceland:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Is:Map_Features

If you look at the source of the Map Features page you can see how to
localize the tag descriptions. It would be good to add any sort of
eccentricities we're using to that page.

Those two pages still need some work, I want to get a list of the bits
of the national road network we've completed for one, like Norway and
Sweden have done:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Norway
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Sweden

Or perhaps it would be better to maintain this on Wikipedia, which
already has a list of highways:

http://is.wikipedia.org/wiki/Listi_yfir_%C3%BEj%C3%B3%C3%B0vegi_%C3%A1_%C3%8Dslandi

We could externally link to the ways on OSM, creating a relation for
each one of they span more than one way.