[Talk-is] Iceland on the OSM wiki

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 09:45:59 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
<avarab at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've updated the Iceland page on the OSM wiki somewhat:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Iceland

Other projects like Norway and Sweden maintain a list of the national
highways they've mapped, now we have such a list as well:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Iceland#Highways
http://is.wikipedia.org/wiki/Listi_yfir_%C3%BEj%C3%B3%C3%B0vegi_%C3%A1_%C3%8Dslandi

I outsourced the actual listing to the Icelandic Wikipedia to try to
spur some cross-pollination between the two projects. There's also no
reason to duplicate this work and it aids both projects.

To get something on the listing one first has to create a relation
describing the way, this is very useful as we can e.g. see the full
extent of Highway #1:

Have fun!