[Talk-it] [OSM-talk] How *NOT* to map

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 10:20:56 BST 2009

2009/9/29 Morten Kjeldgaard <mok at bioxray.au.dk>:
> I zoomed out and noticed that the national border along the Mediterranean
> coast of Sicily and the rest of Italy and also France look really bad. Is
> there a reason why the border isn't off the coast like it is most places,
> e.g. Spain?

we're currently talking about this on talk-it (and have already done
so in the past), the reason that it is still like this is not that we
wouldn't like to change it, but that noone had time/will to do it till
now (we imported all borders from national institute of statistics).

Does anyone have a script to calculate the 12nm-offset and probably
simplify the outcome?

cheers,
Martin