[Talk-it] How *NOT* to map

Federico Cozzi f.cozzi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 11:58:37 BST 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for giving this note. Can't we just import/redraw this map, as
> it is part of a law? Or isn't it? On the page it looks like it was (I
> presume that laws in Italy are under public domain?).

We can't trace the map, but we can redraw it using the law:
http://www.italgiure.giustizia.it/nir/1977/lexs_72350.html
(laws are explicitly not covered by copyright)
It looks quite long and boring, considering that the law was written
in 1977 and coordinates surely are not WGS84 :-)

Bye,
Federico