[Talk-it] Via Romea -- Toscana (was: Fw: Another OpenStreetMap question)

Simone Saviolo simone.saviolo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 16:05:04 BST 2011

2011/3/31 David Paleino <dapal at debian.org>

> Hey Andreas,
> I don't know anyone in Tuscany, but I'm forwarding your message to talk-it
> --
> maybe someone can answer you :)
>
> (I just stripped Giovanni's address, since it'd become public, as the
> mailing
> list is archived)
>
> Nel caso rispondeste, per favore tenete Andreas (tille at debian.org) in CC.
> Grazie!

First off, I'm not sure what has been asked :-) If you're looking for
someone in Tuscany or Ravenna to meet in person and to have a talk about a
OSM tools, then I'm out of the game.

But, since I live in Vercelli and I sit quite literally a hundred metres
away from the Via Romea Francigena, I'm interested in its mapping. The
Francigena is a variant that originates somewhere in Tuscany, goes
north-east towards Lucca, Pietrasanta and Pontremoli, crosses the Appennines
and goes up to Mortara, Vercelli, then Ivrea and France.

I'd appreciate it if you could keep me posted on news about the Via Romea
project :-)

Thanks, and best luck for your trip!

Simone