[Talk-it] switch2osm.org

Volker Schmidt voschix a gmail.com
Mer 25 Gen 2012 13:11:59 GMT

Crossposting da [OSM-talk]

====================================

Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 11:13:50 -0000 (GMT)
From: "Richard Fairhurst" <richard a systemeD.net>
To: talk a openstreetmap.org, dev a openstreetmap.org
Subject: [OSM-talk] switch2osm.org

Lots of you will have seen the interest recently in switching from
proprietary mapping providers to OpenStreetMap - blog postings by Nestoria
and StreetEasy, Wired's article, and so on. We started a Twitter hashtag,
#switch2osm, and it's rather taken off.

So I'm delighted to announce the launch of a new site:

   http://switch2osm.org/
It's a one-stop shop for would-be switchers, showing them how to get
started with using and generating OSM tiles; _why_ they might want to; and
where to look for more information.

Huge thanks to Harry, Kai, and lots of other people who've helped with
this. We'll be continuing to refine the site in the forthcoming weeks, but
we're happy that it's ready to launch now. So - OSM army, get to it and
promote it :)

cheers
Richard

Volker