[Talk-it] Fwd: [OSM-talk] Coastline generation resumed

Simone Cortesi simone a cortesi.com
Lun 23 Lug 2012 10:46:57 BST

ripristinato il coasline check. trovate i link nella mail sotto. viene
rigenerato ogni 24 ore il risultato grafico degli errori è qui:
http://www.wightpaths.co.uk/coast/

-S

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Subject: [OSM-talk] Coastline generation resumed
To: osm-talk <talk at openstreetmap.org>

I have resumed my daily generation of coastline files. These are generated
with the coastcheck program[1] from my jxapi database starting at 5 AM
pacific time. They take 3-4 hours to generate and upload, depending on my
internet speed at the time.

The completed files are uploaded to
http://pnorman.dev.openstreetmap.org/coastlines/

If opening these shapefiles in QGIS be sure to create a spatial index for
tolerable performance.

There is a visualization of errors at http://www.wightpaths.co.uk/coast/

Many of the errors appear to be short errors between ways that became
disconnected. More complicated errors are often best fixed by deleting the
bad coastline and retracing.

[1]: http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/coastcheck/