[Talk-it] [Talk-it-lazio] OSM Meetup in Rome

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist a gmail.com
Dom 19 Gen 2014 16:09:25 UTC

2014/1/18 Kathleen Danielson <kathleen.danielson at gmail.com>

> Hello OSM Friends!
>
> (My apologies for the message in English!)
>
> I am an OpenStreetMapper in the US (I'm actually the Treasurer of OSM-US)
> and I will be in Rome on vacation on 4 - 7 February. I was wondering if
> there were any mappers in Rome who might be interested in meeting up?
>
> I'd love a chance to meet you and share a beer or a bottle of wine!

just yesterday I was mailing with a fellow mapper here and we were chatting
about organizing a meet up. So yes, count me in as well!

We've had some meeting at Eataly, which is basically a department store for
food and drinks with lots of stands where you can eat or drink (the concept
is quality / slow food). It is located at a train- and metro station so for
Roman conditions it is very well connected. On the other hand it is often
quite crowded, so maybe a smaller pub would be a valid alternative?

This is the place:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/3304088#map=19/41.87123/12.48663
http://www.roma.eataly.it/

cheers,