[Talk-it] Fwd: [OSM-talk] OSM France "BANO" project... openaddresses in France

Simone Cortesi simone a cortesi.com
Mer 14 Maggio 2014 14:41:38 UTC

anche in Francia...openaddress.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christian Quest <cquest at openstreetmap.fr>
Date: Wed, May 14, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Subject: [OSM-talk] OSM France "BANO" project... openaddresses in France
To: OpenStreetMap <talk at openstreetmap.org>

OSM-FR has initiated a project to create an open database of addresses
in France.

Data sources will be OSM + available opendata + address data collected
from the cadastre.

The resulting dataset will be under ODbL (because of OSM data and also
many opendata sets are also under ODbL).

In the past weeks, we've been coding the collector scripts which are
also matching non OSM data with OSM data, to get better street names
("Avenue des Champs-Élysées" instead of "AV DES CHAMPS ELYSEES").

We've starting collecting data a few days ago and the progress can be
seen here: http://openstreetmap.fr/outils/bano/status

A "BANO" overlay rendering is also available to view the coverage and
density: http://tile.openstreetmap.fr/~cquest/leaflet/bano.html#6/46.988/0.912

green = OSM data
orange = opendata
blue = cadastre + OSM enhancements
red = cadastre only

The resulting dataset will not be imported "as is" in OSM as the
french community considers it needs to be manually reviewed.

As a first step, we prefer to concentrate on making sure we reduce the
number of missing streets and street names and this is simplified by
the automatic matching that is done between OSM and non-OSM data.
When no match is found, we make it visible on the "BANO" rendered
layer at the higher zoom levels, and showing the expected name and
street code.

Here is an example:
http://tile.openstreetmap.fr/~cquest/leaflet/bano.html#17/48.82902/2.31073

We're about to publish the first datasets, one for each departement
(roughtly 100.000 to 1.000.000 addresses depending on the area) which
be of course listed on openaddresses.io
We expect to have a coverage of 80%-90% (roughtly 20 million addresses).

For more info, check the wiki page (in French only, translations welcome):

The BANO team is also reachable on IRC #bano
(irc://irc.oftc.net:6667/bano) and on twitter
https://twitter.com/ProjetBANO

--
Christian Quest - OpenStreetMap France