[Talk-it] Fwd: Re: [Imports] Sabbioneta buildings import

Giorgio Limonta giorgio.limonta80 a gmail.com
Mer 7 Feb 2018 17:00:57 UTC

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018, Andrea Musuruane musuruan a gmail.com wrote:

Ciao Giorgio,
> I always find your e-mails in the spam folder because the "message has a
> from address in yahoo.it but has failed yahoo.it's required tests for
> authentication".

I am apologize, I try with my google mail account

> You didn't provide any documentation at that time. It was just a single
> mail about a possible import. You then disappeared for about 3 and a half
> months.

You right but please consider that for me was not so easy to describe the
import plan to the Municipality of Sabbioneta (what is OSM, why it’s
important to share the information, etc.) and after this to obtain the
license.

> I do believe it's not a complex import but the review process is performed
> to find possible issues and avoid later troubles with bad imported data
> (and I already found out some problems with your translated data). There is
> no need to rush :-)

Ok I understand, I’ll go slower, I just hope not to stop ;) About this I am
really sorry for all this mails but I thought that the import procedure was
less complicated because it's my first -and maybe the last- time that I
propose an import. At last I just want to underline that it's very
important for the goals of our projects because the OSM map don't have
building in the UNESCO site (otherwise I wouldn't ever had propose an
import process).

> The "About & Goals" chapter you use past tenses but most of the actions
> still have to happen.
> The "Schedule" chapter is missing.
> "Import Type" section in "Import Data" chapter is missing. You should
> likely say your import is a one-time import, you won't use automated
> scripts, all the tags will be entered manually and data will be imported in
> the OSM database using JOSM.

I hope that everything is clearer now

> You should upload the original dataset.

I can't. the Municipality license it's just to extract the data and share
throught Osm.

> "Data license" should link to a text copy of the ODbL.
> "Type of license" should be "ODbL".

Done (I hope)

> It's fine for me, but please note that you have entered an unwanted space
> in the wiki (source= Comune di Sabbioneta - Carta Tecnica Comunale).

Fixed.

> As I said, I strongly encourage to use them.
> Source data license is not implied. Different data sources can be
> distributed under different licenses.
>
> I noticed that logging in is required to download the data. This is not
> very friendly towards people without a gmail account. Can you please remove
> this limitation?

I move it in Dropbox hope it's better.

> The data still have some issue:
> - adjacent buildings that are not connected
> - a building has self-intersecting ways

Fix it, sorry Josm marked as Advertising and I ignored them.

- churches are tagged with "denominati" (it should be denomination)

Yes sorry was a mistake depending to the shp field name limitation...

- bell towers are tagged with man_made=campanile (shouldn't it be
> man_made=tower + tower:type=bell_tower?) and without the building tag. See
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tower:type%3Dbell_tower

I found it in the wiki https://wiki.openstreetmap.org
/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Dcampanile

> some buildings are split in different parts (still tagged as building=*)
> and you assign different heights to them. I'm not an expert about this but
> it seems this is not the right procedure. Please read
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:height#Height_of_buildings and
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Simple_3D_buildings

Was identified all single buildings that have different height to add in a
future mapping phase other tag to improve the detail map (level, color,
roof_,shape, etc.). That was made with a manually split procedure but I
have splited only the building (not the building part).

> I have some troubles with your conflation phase which is summarized as
> "Merge the tag and the history of the existing features through the JOSM
> Utilsplugin2 plugin;".  It's not clear, at least to me, how Utilsplugin2 is
> helpful in this context. I suppose (because you didn't write it) you'll use
> the "Copy tags from previous selection (Shift+R)" feature.

That was my original plan

> BTW, isn't it simpler and less error prone to use the "More Tools ->
> Replace geometry" tool?

That was a suggestion from the talk-it, but I will return to my original
plan.

> QA phase is still missing. Do you plan to use some kind of validator
> (e.g.. JOSM validator)? When? Do you plan to do some kind of post import
> verification? How?

QA it's made. As I wrote above after the import I will work a lot on the
Sabbioneta area so I will verification and monitoring all the changeset and
I will any potential mistakes.

many thank for your helps

Giorgio