[Talk-it] Should StreetComplete stop adding addresses in Italy?

Andrea Albani aobani a gmail.com
Gio 12 Lug 2018 20:03:42 UTC

Il giorno gio 12 lug 2018 alle ore 20:34 Tobias Zwick <osm a westnordost.de>
ha scritto:

> Hey there
>
> Since early 2017 till now, users of my app StreetComplete have been
> adding house numbers to buildings.
> Should I disable this functionality for Italy?

Hi Tobias and thanks for posting this question.
I think that you are referring to the Italian guideline that specifically
forbids to put "house numbers" on building polygons.
This is because in Italy the "house numbers" are actually access
identifiers unlike in other countries where they identify the building
itself.
Given that I think that the answer to your question should be "yes" .

In any case I would wait further contributions to this thread since the
above approach, even if accepted by the Italian community, was subject to
some criticism.

Ciao