[OSM-ja] Hurricane and Steve Coast in Japan

Coast, Hurricane hurricane.coast @ mapquest.com
2011年 1月 24日 (月) 18:01:51 GMT

Hi Daniel,

Steve and I have our dates for our visit!

We are excited to travel March 1-11, 2011.

We fly to Osaka first (arriving March 2nd), staying in the area of Kyoto for the

  Web and Wireless GIS(W2GIS) 2011 Symposium, March 3-4.

After this, we are planning on visiting Tokyo.

Our dates are relatively flexible between Kyoto and Tokyo.

It will be our first trip to Japan! Your recommendation of both mapping and sightseeing sounds wonderful.

Let's try to set up at least one evening for a mappy hour (maps and beer! :))  and some time to get out an map, hopefully the weekend of March 5th, but as of now, we are not sure where we will be. If you have suggestions, we are open to ideas.

Thank you!

Happy Mapping,

Hurricane

Hi Hurricane,

Thanks for asking on the Japanese list. I'm pretty sure there will be a
couple of mappers, who will join.
If it would be on a weekend, it would be probably easier for people to joina mapping party.
Have you been to Kyoto already? If it's your first time a combination of
mapping sightseeing might be a good idea.

Let us know when you finalized your dates.

Daniel