[OSM-ja] Yahoo! データ インポートについて

Daniel Kastl daniel @ georepublic.de
2011年 3月 8日 (火) 15:57:44 GMT

Hi Emilie,

Thank you for your offer!
To bad you couldn't be in Japan last weekend.

If possible I would like to try some "new" way to import data and maybe you
have some good idea or advice how to do this.

Usually large data imports have two big problems:

   1. The local community didn't grow together with the amount of data and
   we're missing local experts later to keep the data up-to-date and improve
   it.
   2. Same people might be mad if you replace (=delete) their hard manual
   work with imported data.

I think this were main issues of previous imports, right?

So I would prefer some middle way, that is maybe a bit slower but tries to
avoid the problems above.
I'm thinking about manual small scale imports and I'm trying to find out, if
there exist already some tools we could use.

An import maybe works then like this (just proposal):

   1. Start JOSM (or another tool)
   2. Enable some plugin to load data source(s) (does something like this
   already exist?)
   3. Select an area for editing
   4. Request Yahoo data for this area from an OSM-Japan server in some
   readable format
   5. Resolve conflicts with existing data manually
   6. Commit changes

This way anyone could help to import data in small chunks.

Daniel