[OSM-ja] Fwd: Fletcher Students Coordinating Efforts

Robert Berry robert.berry @ fulbrightmail.org
2011年 3月 12日 (土) 01:33:52 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Berry <robert.berry @ fulbrightmail.org>
Date: 2011/3/11
Subject: Fletcher Students Coordinating Efforts
To: "S.Higashi" <s_higash @ mua.biglobe.ne.jp>

Dear Higashi -san,

There are many students at Fletcher that want to help with the efforts
surrounding the Tohoku earthquake, and we were wondering if what we were
planning to do would actually be beneficial to Ushahidi. First and foremost,
we were planning to create a manual in both Japanese and English about
Ushahidi and sending out to social networks we have in Japan so that more
people we be familiar with the technology and perhaps use it.

Also, we were wondering what you thought about getting in touch with Save
Japan, which is uploading information from Twitter constantly in the
effected areas. We were proposing taking information from there and putting
it on the Ushahidi map ourselves from a control room at Fletcher. Moreover,
we were thinking that you should get in touch with them if that would help
Ushahidi. Lastly, we have some contacts in government, etc. and were
wondering if it would be useful to share that Ushahidi exists so that they
might utilize it in their relief efforts.

Would any of those activities be useful to you? Please let us know. Thank
you very much.

--
Robert Berry
Tufts University