From: Ka-Ping Yee <kpy @ google.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 05:32:43 -0800
Subject: Ushahidi instance (osmemo.wizu.jp) on Google Crisis landing page?
To: Christiaan Adams <csadams @ google.com>
Cc: Imad Ahmed <iahmed @ alumni.ls.berkeley.edu>, "S.Higashi"
<s_higash @ mua.biglobe.ne.jp>, Ryan Falor <rfalor @ google.com>, Prem
Ramaswami <premr @ google.com>

Hi S. Higashi,

What is the load capacity of your Ushahidi site?  I would like to link to it
from the Google crisis page for Japan, but it could bring you very heavy
traffic and I am afraid it might bring your site down.  Can you advise us on
what your site can handle?

Hi Christiaan,

Yes, my intention was to add the Ushahidi KML layer to our landing page map,
and include a link to the site as well.  I think it will be useful to get
the KML generation working well in any case, so please work with them on
that if you can.  Even if we cannot link directly to the site, we can still
periodically grab a snapshot of the KML and get it visible on our landing
page.

Thanks everyone!

―Ping
Google Crisis Response