[OSM-ja] Fwd: [OSM-talk] Bug fixes multilingual map

Douglas Perkins douglas @ dperkins.org
2012年 12月 3日 (月) 02:31:35 GMT

ダグラスです。

It's very nice to see the internationalization support progress!

Automatically creating name:ja_kana, name:ja_rm, and name:en is
probably not going to work.  Japanese kanji have ambiguous readings, so
you can't go from them to a phonetic reading automatically.  And you
can't go from a phonetic reading to kanji, because there are many kanji
with the same reading.  Also, there are different ways of writing words
in romaji, and currently there is not consenus on what name:ja_rm should
be.  We probably cannot decide on just one romanization style, because
different businesses or places may have their own preferred spelling.
Trying to automate the entry process for these tags (except for name,
which can be an exact copy of name:ja), may well lead to a large number
of errors.

残念ですが、name:ja だけと知っても、name:ja_kana も name:ja_rm も name:en
が分からない可能性があります。
漢字の読み方がそんなに簡単なことではないですし。
ローマ字のスタイルはいろいろがありますし。
そうすれば、一つ一つ考えないとエラーが多くなるかもしれません。