[OSM-ja] reconciling MLIT Shapefile with Japan Post CSV

田渕 直 tabuchi_naoshi @ trek.co.jp
2014年 10月 14日 (火) 04:01:48 UTC

Hi Tom,

The common ID scheme is called
   "全国地方公共団体コード/Zenkoku Chiho-Kokyou Dantai Codes,"
literally meaning "The National Code System for Local Public Bodies."
I don't think there's an official English name for it, but anyway
it's defined as a Japan's industry standard (JIS X 0402).

For the columns of the postal-code csv, let's take the 1st line
as a reference example:
   > 01101,"060 ","0600042","ホツカイドウ","サツポロシチユウオウク","オオドオリニシ(1-19チヨウ
メ)","北海道","札幌市中央区","大通西(1〜19丁目)",1,0,1,0,0,0

   The column 1: "01101" is the district's ID, as you mentioned,
            2-3: "060 ","0600042" are the postal codes for the district,
                 the former is now outdated short form,
                 the latter is canonical,
            7-9: "北海道","札幌市中央区","大通西(1〜19丁目)" are the
                 prefecture, city and district, street, respectively,
            4-6: "ホツカイドウ","サツポロシチユウオウク","オオドオリニシ(1-19チヨウメ)" are the
                 pronouciation for the pref./city-and-dist./st. resp.

Let me omit the remainder: they are rather involved "flags" and won't be
very important for OSM use.

Lastly, the distinction bw. "oogaki" and "kogaki" wouldn't be serious,
but I believe "kogaki" is a bit human- and machine-friendly;
"kogaki" can easily be canonicalized into "oogaki", but not vice versa.

Hope it helps (and excuse me for a long post.)

Regards,

Noashi Tabuchi (tabuchi_naoshi @ trek.co.jp)