[OSM-ja] Tagging a Japanese address correctly

tomoya muramoto muramototomoya @ gmail.com
2015年 12月 19日 (土) 11:10:17 UTC

Hi, Daniel

You can check a document of Japan tagging standards here.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Japan_tagging

And in this page you can see examples of "place=*" usage.
I think addr:* is same.

So for your example, addr:* would be like this,
addr:full=兵庫県神戸市中央区雲井通5-3-1
addr:country=JP (JA is Japanese language, JP is Japan country)
addr:province=兵庫県
addr:city=神戸市
addr:suburb=中央区
addr:quarter=雲井通
addr:neighbourhood=5 or 五丁目
addr:block_number=3 or 3番 or 3番地
addr:housenumber=1 or 1号

>How to tag the English/Romaji/Kana address?
>"addr:city:en=Kobe" and "addr:city:ja_kana=こうべ"?
>This going to become a huge list of tags then for every address.
Yes, English/Romaji/Kana tagging will make a huge list.

>Is "addr:place=雲井通5-3-1" correct?
I think addr:place=* is not used in Japan address tagging.

muramoto